About East Vancouver ANAVETS Unit #68
We are the Friendly Club because we like People, supporting our Comrades and the Community and we like to have Fun!
East Vancouver Unit #68 was incorporated on July 1st, 1930. Our original location was in the basement of a building at 298 Main Street, at the corner of Cordova Street. In 1944 the unit moved into a house at 1837 Main Street (3rd and Main), which is now the site of Maynard’s Auctioneers of Vancouver.
In 1954 the Ladies Auxiliary was formed, originally as #69 but later became #68 and proudly supported the unit over the years until disbanding early into the 21st century .
Many years past at Main and 3rd with the building experiencing two expansions. Members enjoyed a great many regular and special events including sports competitions, meat draw’s, dances, picnics and fishing derby’s to name a few.
On July 1st 2000 Unit #68 closed the doors of our club house that had served the membership well for 55 years. On December 15th, 2001 the unit moved in to a new facility at 20th and Fraser Street were we resided until July 2005 when that club closed. In need to a home we were kindly offered space with Unit #26, the Andy Capp Club at 43rd and Fraser Street until February of 2012 when Unit #26 closed to await re-development of the property.
In need to a home once again Kingsway Unit #100 stepped up and made us welcome in their club at Kingsway and Gladstone… we are very happy to be there. Come on in and visit us sometime.